- When Kevin was first hired, the district was able to pay him far less than the going rate because he was then unproven as a superintendent. During his time here he has effectively guided our district toward stronger academic performance and a more solid financial footing.
- Kevin’s excellent performance at Westonka has led other districts to try and recruit him. There are currently many open superintendent positions in the state.
- Our school board came up with a level of compensation that’s right in the middle of what other area superintendents receive.
- Only one other similar-sized area district spends less on district administration than Westonka, and we’re below the state average. (see chart below)
- Not only does Kevin cover the role of superintendent, but since Westonka has no human resources director and only a part-time business director he is called upon to perform these duties as well. This is a choice the district made to cut costs. An HR director would cost the district a minimum of $75,000 base salary.
- In short, the school board made a reasonable offer of compensation to Kevin in order to retain a valued and high performing employee and luckily for us he accepted the offer.