Vote YES – Opportunity, Community, UNITY
On May 10th, Westonka residents will be able to vote YES to construct two much-needed spaces at the high school: a community athletics and recreation center, and a community performing arts center.
**Absentee voting is open NOW! Please click on the Absentee Voting link above for more info…
The proposed athletics and recreation center:
* Includes 3 multi-use courts, an elevated walk-around track, a fitness area, a wrestling room, meeting space and storage
* Would be open to the public during the day and provide more opportunities for school and community activities in the evenings
* Moves the high school wrestling and dance teams out of cafeterias/classrooms and intoappropriate practice spaces
* Expands youth and adult sports opportunities
The proposed performing arts center:
* Would have 400 more seats than the current high school theater, an appropriate stage, high-quality acoustics, an orchestra area, a dressing area and storage.
* Band and choir concerts would be moved from cafeterias and gymnasiums into a true performance space
* Since a performing arts center does not currently exist in the Westonka community, the new space could host school, community, and professional performances.